A pictorial book documents the last women in China with bound feet, writes Kate WhiteheadContinue Reading ...
Kate Whitehead talks to three specialistsContinue Reading ...
Paris remains the City of Light – and the ultimate place to have a pied-à-terre. The opportunities to own a fantastic flat, perhaps built on the ruins of a castleor once used by a great artist, have never been better.Continue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Burma’s largest city is buzzing and change is in the air—nightlife included
Kate Whitehead wanted to know more about her ancestry – and was pleased by the results – but also learned about her health
The city of Pyongyang may conjure up images of Mass Games and goose-stepping sentries, but the North Korean capital looks very different from the place it was 10 years ago.
Macau’s $250 million “House of Dancing Water” is famous for magical special effects. But the underwater action you don’t see is even more astounding
As chief exterior designer at Porsche, Hong Kong-born Pinky Lai Ping won plaudits for reworking the 911. After leaving the German firm, he’s setting course for China with a high- performance plug-in car on the cards.
Sedaris, an author and long-time contributor to The New Yorker, says he is trying to avoid becoming a cranky old man who always complains David Sedaris sounds as though he’s got the post-holiday blues – or perhaps it’s just the dry, laconic tone in which he speaks. His house in the south of England has…