Ahead of her Hong Kong debut next month, the Korean-American stand-up talks about striking the right balance between being shocking and funny, and about losing her comedy parents Robin Williams and Joan RiversContinue Reading ...
With almost 30 years’ experience in the field, Matthew Friedman could easily have written just a catalogue of horror – but he presents practical advice on what we can do to end this scourgeContinue Reading ...
Launched by members of the defunct Women Business Owners Club as a response to Hong Kong’s growing start-up scene, the Women Entrepreneurs Network looks to build a support network for ladies with business ideasContinue Reading ...
Pay rises in parts of Asia are likely to barely hover above inflation in 2016. Is it time to permanently rethink the way we reward employees?Continue Reading ...
Tasked with building upon one of Hong Kong’s greatest success stories, Aron Harilela shares his vision for growing his father’s legacy, the family hotel business and why he thinks Hong Kong will continue to be a global economic hubContinue Reading ...
Antarctica is best approached by sea. Only a slow, and sometimes rough, rite of passage can prepare visitors for this immense, dramatic and ever-changing continent of ice and its extraordinary wildlifeContinue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
If walls could talk
At a recent lunchtime gathering in Central, TM instructor James Meade was asked what sets his HK$6,800 course apart; his response was surprisingly weak
For people around the world who have shelved their travel plans and are spending more time indoors, virtual travel is the perfect way to explore the world from the comfort and safety of home. You can use this time to research your next big adventure or simply indulge in some escapist armchair travel. Technology can…
The romance of train travel maintains its timeless lure
It’s quite safe to be in Hong Kong, though if you want to wear face masks you had best bring them with you – supplies are limited, but some hotels provide them Is it safe to travel to Hong Kong? And what should travellers expect if they already have plans in place to visit the…
Take two of Sydney’s most historical buildings, add some seriously cool design, a little humour and a lot of attitude and you’ve got QT Sydney, the hottest new hotel to open in the city for years The QT Sydney is no ordinary five-star hotel — it’s a piece of theatre and without doubt the most…