Asia has hit brands hard, especially those in the luxury sector. With expectations that the economic woes will continue for another one or two years, the situation looks challenging. A new report offers not just a glimmer of hope, but some concrete suggestions for how to weather the storm.Continue Reading ...
‘As a mother I will always feel guilty for making a choice that led to my son’s death,’ says Shalini Mahtani, founder of new website that rates city hospitals’ quality of care based on patient reviewsContinue Reading ...
The American doctor and Buddhist monk, a visiting professor at the University of Hong Kong, tells Kate Whitehead about losing his wife, finding faith and how he came to be personal physician to the Dalai LamaContinue Reading ...
Ahead of her latest Hong Kong concert, multi-platinum Australian singer, film star and co-founder of a wellness centre talks about her life, tragedies and triumphs, and how she keeps on keeping onContinue Reading ...
- Self-care key to mental well-being October 10, 2022
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
The number of Yanbian license plates in the carpark of the Emperor Resort & Casino in North Korea’s remote Rason district leave little doubt as to the hotel’s main clientele.
A city impossible not to fall in love with
Kate Whitehead talks to three specialists
In November last year, Chinese scientist He Jiankui announced the birth of the world’s first gene-edited babies, unleashing a storm of criticism When Chinese scientist He Jiankui walked onto the stage at the Second International Summit on Human Genome Editing in November last year to defend his creation of the world’s first gene-edited babies, he…
Carbon offsetting schemes allow people and companies to invest in projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions to compensate for their carbon footprints Carbon offsetting will be one of the biggest travel trends of 2020, and even of the decade, in large part thanks to pressure from climate change activists such as the Swedish teenager Greta…
How Contagion Works by Paolo Giordano Weidenfeld & Nicolson 5/5 stars The coronavirus pandemic has left many of us reeling, struggling to adjust to a “new normal” of school closures, working from home and travel restrictions. Looking beyond the personal impact to the seismic implications for the world as a whole is daunting, but the…