Enter a flotation tank and you can separate your mind from your senses in complete safety and come out with silky smooth skin.Continue Reading ...
Being mixed up with China sceptic is ‘the bane of my life’, says Gordon H. Chang, recently in Hong Kong, who sees America as both fearful of and attracted to China but unlikely to be eclipsed by the rising power any time soonContinue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
Paris remains the City of Light – and the ultimate place to have a pied-à-terre. The opportunities to own a fantastic flat, perhaps built on the ruins of a castleor once used by a great artist, have never been better.
The Southern District councilllor and co-founder of Hong Kong’s Civic Party tells Kate Whitehead about his activist childhood, arriving in the city in 1984 and June 4’s significance for him
Daniel Herszberg, 26, is aiming to become the youngest Australian to visit every country, but says there are three or four people in the running Hong Kong-based lawyer Daniel Herszberg is in the running to become the youngest Australian to have visited every country in the world. Aged 26, he says he has been to…
Fulfilling a specialist niche, Hong Kong’s rare and antiquarian bookshops focus on the passion for collecting rather than profit
Raymond Yang co-founded NGO Just Feel to train schools and families in compassionate communication. He recounts how his violent upbringing inspired him My father moved to Hong Kong from Fujian [in southeast China] in 1976 at the end of the Cultural Revolution, when he was 18. He worked super hard, as a street cleaner, a…
Transformative travel enables people to break away from the stresses of modern life by finding eco-villages, social projects and farms David Casey was in his early 20s, a fresh University of California, Berkeley, graduate, when he first encountered the gift economy through the phenomenally successful Couch Surfing website. He was blown away by the way…