The group estimates that about 40,000 merchants will participate in this year’s festival, including luxury brands such as Burberry, Paul Smith, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal and Guerlain.Continue Reading ...
Festival is finally rebounding, with cheaper tickets, a focus on non-fiction and star names including Hanya Yanagihara, Adam Johnson, Hong Kong-based Frank Dikotter and Lionel ShriverContinue Reading ...
Produce that is harvested when ripe and only travels a short distance will have higher nutritional value and the best flavour, so try to buy fruit and vegetables in season; consider frozen veg tooContinue Reading ...
Christine Negroni believes lack of oxygen on the flight deck from decompression and the first officer’s failure to don his oxygen mask in time led to the loss of the Malaysia Airlines flight in 2014, although hers is one of many theoriesContinue Reading ...
Paula Bronstein has spent years depicting the lives and suffering of ordinary Afghans, with a focus on women who attempt suicide to escape forced and abusive marriagesContinue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
Sitting on a beach over the Christmas holiday, Matt Friedman excitedly discussed the upcoming launch of his latest book with his wife, Sylvia Yu. Little did they know that the coronavirus, about to quickly spread around the world, would railroad their plans.Bad timing? Not at all. The physical launch may have shifted to an online…
Shanthi Sekaran – herself the child of immigrants to the US – dramatises a hot-button issue with her story of Soli and Kavya
Speak to most business executives about operating in a developing country and political stability, banking, transport, telecommunications and infrastructure issues are usually top of the list. But Vietnam is different – here people talk about the need to understand the psyche of the Vietnamese.
The Italian priest tells Kate Whitehead how became fascinated by China, was eventually barred, and how he has fought for the rights of the disadvantaged
Charlotte Merritt, bookseller-at-large for store where Nancy Mitford wrote two novels, sees a bright future for it in Hong Kong, with its ‘very well-educated and culturally engaged audience
This is a children’s emergency, says former Danish prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, of the 600,000 desperate Muslims who fled Myanmar, more than half of whom are aged under 18 and at risk of being trafficked or enslaved