It was the bloodiest violence the city had seen: the riots would leave 51 people dead and hundreds more injured. We talk to some of the people involved to make sense of events that forever changed Hong KongContinue Reading ...
Andrew Hevia was a Fulbright scholar in Hong Kong when he bonded with fellow Star Wars fan Joshua Wong, with whom the Cuban-American is working on Dark Room, film about a crime that obsesses a witnessContinue Reading ...
Realtors predict the city’s rents will bottom out in the second halfContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
The founder of Hong Kong’s Drum Jam tells Kate Whitehead about growing up in a controlling home and realising her creative potential in New York For 18 years she ran a monthly drumming group outside the Hong Kong Cultural Centre as part of the regular Tom Lee Music Carnival Spirited away: I was born in Warabi…
The number of Yanbian license plates in the carpark of the Emperor Resort & Casino in North Korea’s remote Rason district leave little doubt as to the hotel’s main clientele.
Mainland Chinese spending has cemented Hong Kong’s position as Asia’s most important luxury hub, but the recent wave of Mainland Chinese shoppers — drawn to the city by new transport links — tends to have smaller budgets and different tastes than earlier visitors. With no sales tax, a friendly business environment and a voracious appetite…
The former professional footballer, who will play for Liverpool FC Legends against Borussia Dortmund in Hong Kong on June 8, recalls his memorable days at the British club Hands off I was born in Barcelona in 1978. My father was an industrial engineer and my mother had a clothing store. When I was six years old,…
Next-level yoga: the secrets of Tibetan yoga explained, from tantric sex to redirecting dreams Forget your downward facing dog, Ian Baker’s book goes deep – explaining how yoga can change the course of a dream, and transfer consciousness as you die Could you spend a month alone in a cave? That was the challenge put…
Transporting travellers from London to Venice in style, the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is making this fabled journey taste even better than ever.