Australian former journalist Kerry McGlynn, the man behind Hong Kong’s branding as Asia’s World City, recalls the last British governor’s ‘amazing’ sense of humour and how the ‘heavens wept’ when Chinese rule resumedContinue Reading ...
Journalist Ching Cheong reveals ex-rioters eager to mark 50 years since deadly protests in city bowed to Beijing’s liaison office and delayed events so celebrations of 20th anniversary of Chinese rule of Hong Kong wouldn’t be hitContinue Reading ...
At a recent lunchtime gathering in Central, TM instructor James Meade was asked what sets his HK$6,800 course apart; his response was surprisingly weakContinue Reading ...
British history professor and author Robert Bickers laments China’s redacting of historical documents, and says he’s proud to be labelled a ‘historical nihilist’ by BeijingContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Eating creepy crawlies could help the environment, your health and your waistline
Their simple life in harmony with nature is vanishing, but a social enterprise using nomads as guides helps preserve it by taking visitors to camp with herders If you want an experience that gets you out of your comfort zone and into the wilderness, consider spending some time with nomadic herders on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau in…
Debate over a controversial proposal to curb the number of Mainland tourists was already tense with concerns that any cut would hurt the retail sector and put a dent in the economy. Now new figures show retailers have every reason to be concerned, especially those in the jewelry, watch and luxury goods market.
Transporting travellers from London to Venice in style, the Venice Simplon-Orient-Express is making this fabled journey taste even better than ever.
It’s harder to stay lean as you age, but middle-age spread can be moderated with exercise and a healthy diet
A group of artists are using art to immortalise the summer of unrest that is gripping the city because of the controversial extradition bill July 1, 2019. Causeway Bay. It’s 32 degrees Celsius [90 degrees Fahrenheit] but feels even hotter on the crowded street. The black clad protesters carrying placards, umbrellas and mini electric fans…