Founder Rob Wagemans’ designs are changing perceptions of how hotels, shops and now a Hong Kong residential tower should beContinue Reading ...
Hongkongers will be familiar with The Upper House, the hotel in Pacific Place that opened in 2009 and propelled Andre Fu into the big league. He has worked on a string of luxury hospitality projects in the years since and among key completions this year is the Kerry Hotel, the first new hotel on the…Continue Reading ...
From a short stint as a policeman to opening a pub and a nightclub, to making toy soldiers, it’s been an eventful 40 years in Hong Kong for Scot Andy NeilsonContinue Reading ...
The company expects its growth to come organically and from new licenses.Continue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
The One Heavyweight World Champion talks about everyday violence, growing up brown in the black-and-white US South, and trying his hand at acting
I miss travelling. It has been 13 weeks and three days since my last trip and I’m in withdrawal. I don’t miss hanging around the airport or negotiating elbow space in Economy, but I do miss the thrill of discovering somewhere new. And I know I’m not alone. The sense of adventure that comes with…
North Korea has barely been out of the news since Kim Jong-un took control of the regime following the death of his father Kim Jong-il in December 2011. From nuclear threats, public executions, forced labour camps and, most recently, a damning united Nations report, the headlines make clear that the isolated state is extremely volatile.
Getting to North Korea is the easy part – the real dilemma is whether or not to go. By visiting one of the world’s most isolated regimes are you condoning what goes on there, does it mean you’re ok with throwing political prisoners in labor camps – for three generations? It’s one of the few places…
Harvard’s Dr John Park tells Hong Kong audience intelligence shows sanctions against North Korea have provided opportunities for Chinese companies to deal with Pyongyang, helping the Kim regime develop its missile programme
Local favourites joined by overseas comedians for ninth annual show