Ever more Spanish people are being drawn to the city as interest in the country’s food, culture and language blossoms. But can Hongkongers ever really learn to relax and have fun like the Spanish can?Continue Reading ...
Harvard’s Dr John Park tells Hong Kong audience intelligence shows sanctions against North Korea have provided opportunities for Chinese companies to deal with Pyongyang, helping the Kim regime develop its missile programmeContinue Reading ...
The application of technology in financial services has risen dramatically in a matter of a few years. Can Hong Kong become a leading “fintech” hub? Henri Arslanian of PwC explains why the city is well positioned to support such developmentContinue Reading ...
The crimes of Hong Kong’s first serial killer were so shocking that a female forensic scientist was removed from the case and only men were allowed to serve on the juryContinue Reading ...
Emma Lock, who can be seen in horror film The Human Centipede II, walked SPCA rescue dogs, her eyes all swollen, as a teen, beat a fur allergy by surrounding herself with pets and spurned acting for a career with giant bats, snakes and owlsContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
The Cabin in Chiang Mai offers a rehab programme for young male addicts but, at US$15,000 a month, it’s out of reach for many
Portugal’s capital is one of Europe’s hottest hotspots and now it has a high-end hotel to match What is it? The grande dame of Lisbon’s boutique hotel scene – it was until 1980 The Grand Hotel L’Europe – the Bairro Alto has been treated to a major makeover and expansion by Pritzker prize-winning architect Eduardo Souto de…
Tiny battery-operated electronic ingestible devices are set to replace some traditional medicines in treating a range of diseases
The roaring success of the 1994 film was followed by years of bad luck that included a near-fatal skiing accident for its director. As the musical based on the cult classic wows Hong Kong audiences, the filmmaker shows an unusual degree of restraint
Pay rises in parts of Asia are likely to barely hover above inflation in 2016. Is it time to permanently rethink the way we reward employees?
Philippe Grelon passed on his passion for sailing to his family, especially his youngest son, Cosmas When Philippe Grelon was a young boy growing up in Lille, in northern France, he dreamed of sailing. Aged eight, he constructed a makeshift boat complete with wooden mast and sail, and tested it out in the garden. “I…