Tong’s growing interest in US history as he gets older is reflected in his list of favourite books, but the US Consul General to Hong Kong and Macau also saves space for a fantasy classic, a detective novel – and bunny rabbitsContinue Reading ...
Former Hong Kong interior minister will plead guilty in New York, veteran criminal defence lawyer Robert Precht believes, and make serious allegations about Chinese companies paying bribes to foreign officials to win contractsContinue Reading ...
Margolis has gained wealth of knowledge after decades of working across China and Europe as a diplomat and businessman. In his spare time he loves to devour a good novel or two. Here are his favourite readsContinue Reading ...
Nigel Collett’s book answers the big questions surrounding the scandal of John MacLennan’s death in 1980, fleshing out the cast of characters and sharing anecdotes and information not covered in previous textsContinue Reading ...
From remarkable autobiographies he hopes to pass down to his children to thought-provoking works of fiction, find out what are Moorhead’s favourite readsContinue Reading ...
From inspirational leadership tomes to advice on how to raise his daughter, the favourite books of Duncan Palmer, managing director of The Murray, Hong Kong, have helped steer him in career and lifeContinue Reading ...
- Self-care key to mental well-being October 10, 2022
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
Elsewhere in the world, orchestras are often struggling to maintain interest and audiences. As the Hong Kong Philharmonic passes its 40th anniversary, morale has never been higher.
Why does Duterte dislike the Catholic Church? How did the privileged son of a provincial oligarch develop his rough-edged gangster charm?
Launched by members of the defunct Women Business Owners Club as a response to Hong Kong’s growing start-up scene, the Women Entrepreneurs Network looks to build a support network for ladies with business ideas
From a short stint as a policeman to opening a pub and a nightclub, to making toy soldiers, it’s been an eventful 40 years in Hong Kong for Scot Andy Neilson
Diversion of medicine from neediest still apparently plagues humanitarian aid
A trip to Victoria Falls provides excitement and inspirational views in abundance, writes Kate Whitehead