Tong’s growing interest in US history as he gets older is reflected in his list of favourite books, but the US Consul General to Hong Kong and Macau also saves space for a fantasy classic, a detective novel – and bunny rabbitsContinue Reading ...
Former Hong Kong interior minister will plead guilty in New York, veteran criminal defence lawyer Robert Precht believes, and make serious allegations about Chinese companies paying bribes to foreign officials to win contractsContinue Reading ...
Margolis has gained wealth of knowledge after decades of working across China and Europe as a diplomat and businessman. In his spare time he loves to devour a good novel or two. Here are his favourite readsContinue Reading ...
Nigel Collett’s book answers the big questions surrounding the scandal of John MacLennan’s death in 1980, fleshing out the cast of characters and sharing anecdotes and information not covered in previous textsContinue Reading ...
From remarkable autobiographies he hopes to pass down to his children to thought-provoking works of fiction, find out what are Moorhead’s favourite readsContinue Reading ...
From inspirational leadership tomes to advice on how to raise his daughter, the favourite books of Duncan Palmer, managing director of The Murray, Hong Kong, have helped steer him in career and lifeContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Sedaris, an author and long-time contributor to The New Yorker, says he is trying to avoid becoming a cranky old man who always complains David Sedaris sounds as though he’s got the post-holiday blues – or perhaps it’s just the dry, laconic tone in which he speaks. His house in the south of England has…
A hot sauna and a cool pavilion are the starting points for an architectural dialogue about public space and social connection in Hong Kong
Tiny battery-operated electronic ingestible devices are set to replace some traditional medicines in treating a range of diseases
This is a children’s emergency, says former Danish prime minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt, of the 600,000 desperate Muslims who fled Myanmar, more than half of whom are aged under 18 and at risk of being trafficked or enslaved
A healthy diet can do more than just slim your waistline – eating the right foods can improve your mood and help fight depression
The musician, who led the orchestra on the soundtrack to the film Philadelphia, has performed as leader or concertmaster with more than 30 orchestras