Mark Daly’s interest in the legal aspects of Nelson Mandela’s fight against injustice and the mind of Adolf Hitler reflects his human rights work, while he also loves reading about tennis’ mental game and how Canada was createdContinue Reading ...
From Spanish classic Don Quixote to an Argentinian comic strip to Tai-Pan – the novel that convinced Santiago Martinez-Caro to take up his current Hong Kong posting – these are the books consul general would take to a desert islandContinue Reading ...
Consul general’s picks includes an award-winning book on the Rwandan genocide, a collection of poetry and thoughts from one of Sweden’s best-known diplomats, and the story of a little boy punished for being cruel to animalsContinue Reading ...
Known for their edgy and erotic images, Nic and Becky Gaunt, who will exhibit at Hong Kong’s Affordable Art Fair, sell most of their work overseas, but say they are beginning to see city galleries become more adventurousContinue Reading ...
Mother’s Choice CEO Eyres longs for a meaningful life and her favourite books encompass themes of social justice, resilience, forgiveness, identity, destiny and loveContinue Reading ...
- No categories
- Self-care key to mental well-being October 10, 2022
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
Thousands, including two from Hong Kong, apply for the ultimate reality show – a one-way trip to colonise the red planet with cameras in tow
The application of technology in financial services has risen dramatically in a matter of a few years. Can Hong Kong become a leading “fintech” hub? Henri Arslanian of PwC explains why the city is well positioned to support such development
Living at latitudes where six months of day is followed by six months of night can wreak havoc on sleep patterns and health. In Hong Kong, long working hours and smartphone addiction can do the same
With 95 food outlets across Hong Kong and Vietnam, Parfitts’ empire is a real family affair. Starting with a pizzeria in Sai Kung, Hong Kong, the Parfitts have built a hospitality empire in the city and in Vietnam. Now Wayne Parfitt is helping the next generation learn the business
Inspiration doesn’t always come easy, but sometimes a cosy hotel room is all a writer needs to get that burst of creative energy
Chien-Chi Chang talks about the slow process of joining the elite agency and how he came to shoot a marriage market in Vietnam and immigrants in New York’s Chinatown and their families back in Fujian