Bond’s list includes a book about a mountaineering tragedy that her friends thought she was mad to read before scaling Everest and the story behind one of the world’s biggest sporting brandsContinue Reading ...
Patti Waldmeir, the Financial Times correspondent and author of ‘Chinese Lessons: An American mother teaches her children how to be Chinese in China’, explains why she decided to move with them to ShanghaiContinue Reading ...
Fritz Demopoulos might be a huge science-fiction fan but only one novel from the genre made it onto his list, joining books about archaeology, Middle Eastern adventures, Chinese legend and the internet’s gold-rush yearsContinue Reading ...
In one of the coldest regions in the world, the Sami have survived harsh elements of nature and even state repression to continue their way of living and preserve their culture and traditions.Continue Reading ...
After a lifetime of being asked, ‘Where are you from?’, Alison Choy Flannigan decided to find out; after many false leads, she traced her roots to a New Territories clan, and learned she belongs to its 26th generationContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Being mixed up with China sceptic is ‘the bane of my life’, says Gordon H. Chang, recently in Hong Kong, who sees America as both fearful of and attracted to China but unlikely to be eclipsed by the rising power any time soon
As chief exterior designer at Porsche, Hong Kong-born Pinky Lai Ping won plaudits for reworking the 911. After leaving the German firm, he’s setting course for China with a high- performance plug-in car on the cards.
Asia has hit brands hard, especially those in the luxury sector. With expectations that the economic woes will continue for another one or two years, the situation looks challenging. A new report offers not just a glimmer of hope, but some concrete suggestions for how to weather the storm.
A small group of artists are hoping to inspire change in Hong Kong’s attitude towards the environment.
HONG KONG — Cosmoprof Asia celebrated its 20th edition with its biggest ever fair. The three-day event featured 2,504 exhibitors, a 6 percent increase over last year, cementing its position as Asia’s leading trade fair for the beauty and wellness industry.
This old Chinese neighborhood in Hong Kong’s Western District is changing fast. A new escalator and the promise of an MTR station later this year are ushering in a fresh crop of bars and restaurants worth checking out.