The Sydney-born chef also reveals how he fell in love with ‘heady, delicious, exotic’ Bangkok, and recalls meeting his partner of 30 years, Tanongsak Yordwai, over tequila shots in a dive barContinue Reading ...
Budapest-born literary agent Eva Koralnik recalls the 1944 Nazi invasion of Hungary that ended her happy childhoodContinue Reading ...
The travel industry wants to cash in on the rise of short-haul travellers in Asia. One company has launched a new campaign around the ‘Holiday Quickie’Continue Reading ...
A chance invitation to French ethno-historian Françoise Pommaret to visit the Himalayan kingdom in 1981 led to her making Bhutan her homeContinue Reading ...
- Self-care key to mental well-being October 10, 2022
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
Women are making inroads into Asia Pacific’s senior management teams, but they need to be prepared to work hard, gain skills, ask for feedback and be resilient
With 95 food outlets across Hong Kong and Vietnam, Parfitts’ empire is a real family affair. Starting with a pizzeria in Sai Kung, Hong Kong, the Parfitts have built a hospitality empire in the city and in Vietnam. Now Wayne Parfitt is helping the next generation learn the business
It’s harder to stay lean as you age, but middle-age spread can be moderated with exercise and a healthy diet
Hongkonger Anthony Lau, National Geographic Travel Photographer of the Year in 2016, has some simple advice: do your research, work with the elements, and don’t smash your zoom lens two days into a trip, as he did in Canada
Everyone who’s worked in a large organisation will have their own story of a senior individual whose academic prowess was outdone only by their inability to communicate with their peers. We might write off such an employee as simply not being a ‘people person’. But, according to its adherents, what they’re really suffering from is…
Volunteers sailing to frozen continent help conduct penguin and seabird surveys, monitor ecological changes, take seawater samples and look out for whales and other marine species