Next-level yoga: the secrets of Tibetan yoga explained, from tantric sex to redirecting dreams Forget your downward facing dog, Ian Baker’s book goes deep – explaining how yoga can change the course of a dream, and transfer consciousness as you die Could you spend a month alone in a cave? That was the challenge put…Continue Reading ...
A group of artists are using art to immortalise the summer of unrest that is gripping the city because of the controversial extradition bill July 1, 2019. Causeway Bay. It’s 32 degrees Celsius [90 degrees Fahrenheit] but feels even hotter on the crowded street. The black clad protesters carrying placards, umbrellas and mini electric fans…Continue Reading ...
Landlord has not renewed the Italian Restaurant’s lease, amid plans for the live music venue to be turned into a food court The impassioned pleas of musicians and music lovers, backed up by a well-supported online campaign, have failed to save Hong Kong’s famed Grappa’s Cellar live music venue. The popular Italian restaurant and live…Continue Reading ...
Nature therapy, such as forest bathing – mindfully walking through nature – can help to reprogram our overstimulated minds and bodies We walk in silence slowly through the forest in Gunung Mulu National Park, Malaysian Borneo, and in the stillness, nature comes into sharp focus – the thick moss on tree trunks, the latticework of…Continue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
The group estimates that about 40,000 merchants will participate in this year’s festival, including luxury brands such as Burberry, Paul Smith, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal and Guerlain.
Thousands, including two from Hong Kong, apply for the ultimate reality show – a one-way trip to colonise the red planet with cameras in tow
Known for their edgy and erotic images, Nic and Becky Gaunt, who will exhibit at Hong Kong’s Affordable Art Fair, sell most of their work overseas, but say they are beginning to see city galleries become more adventurous
Myanmar might be on the hot list of places to visit, but visitors should be wary of touching down in Yangon without a hotel reservation.
Debate over a controversial proposal to curb the number of Mainland tourists was already tense with concerns that any cut would hurt the retail sector and put a dent in the economy. Now new figures show retailers have every reason to be concerned, especially those in the jewelry, watch and luxury goods market.
There’s been plenty of buzz around The Temple House since it opened in the summer, and for good reason.