In November last year, Chinese scientist He Jiankui announced the birth of the world’s first gene-edited babies, unleashing a storm of criticism When Chinese scientist He Jiankui walked onto the stage at the Second International Summit on Human Genome Editing in November last year to defend his creation of the world’s first gene-edited babies, he…Continue Reading ...
Developmental trauma is a term used to describe childhood trauma such as emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse and exposure to violence Kim Barthel is the kind of person I’d want to be sitting next to in a bunker when the bombs are raining down outside. She exudes warmth and kindness, the kind of energy…Continue Reading ...
Hong Kong activist Joshua Wong’s ‘manifesto for global democracy’ to be launched in 2020 by British publisher Student leader’s first book in English to feature reflections on his political activism, letters from prison, and a call to the world to stand up for democracy Hong Kong pro-democracy activist Joshua Wong’s first book in English will…Continue Reading ...
Biomarkers are indexes in the body that scientists agree quantify ageing and tell us how far away disease is Sitting in the waiting room at the Hong Kong Immigration Department’s Smart ID Card Replacement Centre in Wan Chai, I’m struck by the fact that everyone in the room is born within the same couple of…Continue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Like your sands white and sunsets bright? Myanmar is primed to become Asia’s hottest beach destination
We’ve been hearing a lot about deep cleaning. When the last passengers and crew on the Diamond Princess cruise ship in Japan completed their 14-day quarantine on March 2, following a coronavirus outbreak aboard, the ship underwent a thorough disinfection. Since then, not a day has gone past without mention of a club, gym, restaurant,…
Singaporeans are keenest country to adopt different working styles, says workspace provider Regus
For the ultimate ‘home safari’ experience, consider residing intimately close to nature in these low-density and deluxe game-reserve estates in South Africa, Namibia and Kenya.
Anyone over a certain height is at risk of losing an eye in the city If you’re five foot eight or taller, the rainy season can be a dangerous time. I nearly lost an eye last week. The man toting the umbrella that crashed into my face didn’t even break stride. Surely that counts as…
Tomas Novotny has been in North Korea two days, and he looks frazzled.