Demonstrators reject a gesture by the territory’s leaders as too little too late and are planning a rally for China’s National Day Protesters in Hong Kong clashed with riot police again last night, signalling a failure by the chief executive, Carrie Lam, to defuse the crisis — as evidence emerged of the strain the trouble…Continue Reading ...
‘I grew up in Britain, but I’m entirely Asian’ he says, explaining his affinity with Hong Kong and Singapore Novelist and non-fiction writer Pico Iyer has always had a soft spot for Hong Kong. His first visit, in 1983, was as a 26-year-old reporter for Time magazine and he’s been a regular ever since. He has twice…Continue Reading ...
Democracy campaigners threw petrol bombs after defying a ban on a march to mark the anniversary of Beijing’s clampdown The protests in Hong Kong turned violent last night as demonstrators threw fire bombs, police used water cannons and tear gas and a tactical squad known as “the Raptors” beat passengers on a train. There was…Continue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
The dire state of mainland orphanages 15 years ago spurred filmmaker Jenny Bowen into action. Her charity, Half the Sky, has been a huge success and now works with officials across the country
Once performed only for royalty, and now championed by a prince and a princess, Cambodian classical dance is courting audiences both at home and abroad
Diversion of medicine from neediest still apparently plagues humanitarian aid
The Nike Master Trainer and fashion, jewellery and furniture designer talks about her upbringing She worked for Hong Kong’s first fitness chain, TLC, which is where she met her husband Crowded house: I was born in Hong Kong in 1975 and grew up in Kwai Fong. It was super local. I’m the youngest of four and…
Women are making inroads into Asia Pacific’s senior management teams, but they need to be prepared to work hard, gain skills, ask for feedback and be resilient
Social media and texting are here to stay, but youngsters shouldn’t let gadgets rule their lives, says developmental psychologist