The American filmmaker and explorer is featured in the new film Women of Impact The day the music died I was born in 1971. My three older siblings and I grew up in Florida. I was painfully shy, gawky and afraid of the world. When I was seven, my dad died. It was very sudden. There…Continue Reading ...
The Race For Water Odyssey vessel uses solar energy and hydrogen technologies and is midway through a five-year world trip A futuristic looking vessel has been moored at Pier Nine in Hong Kong’s Central district over the last few weeks.With 512 square metres (5,511 square feet) of solar panels installed on the deck, Race For…Continue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
The 21st edition of Hong Kong Fashion Week wrapped its four-day run late last week
As the trend for massive open online courses gathers pace, universities from Britain and around the region are looking at ways to stamp their educational brand on the world
The city of Pyongyang may conjure up images of Mass Games and goose-stepping sentries, but the North Korean capital looks very different from the place it was 10 years ago.
Why does Duterte dislike the Catholic Church? How did the privileged son of a provincial oligarch develop his rough-edged gangster charm?
A pictorial book documents the last women in China with bound feet, writes Kate Whitehead
Launched by members of the defunct Women Business Owners Club as a response to Hong Kong’s growing start-up scene, the Women Entrepreneurs Network looks to build a support network for ladies with business ideas