James Asquith holds the Guinness World Record as the youngest person to visit every country in the world Holiday Swap, an app that enables users to travel the world through home swapping for just US$1 per night, is experiencing accelerated growth and is eyeing the China market for 2020.Founded in 2017 by James Asquith, who…Continue Reading ...
Portugal’s capital is one of Europe’s hottest hotspots and now it has a high-end hotel to match What is it? The grande dame of Lisbon’s boutique hotel scene – it was until 1980 The Grand Hotel L’Europe – the Bairro Alto has been treated to a major makeover and expansion by Pritzker prize-winning architect Eduardo Souto de…Continue Reading ...
Miriam Lancewood honed her survival skills on the road in Asia and bush-bashing on New Zealand’s South Island Miriam in the middle I was born in 1983 in a small village in the east of Holland. My parents had three children in three years, I’m in the middle. My mother is a drama therapist and my…Continue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
Born with spinal muscular atrophy, Carmen Yau is a sex rights advocate for people with disabilities ‘I talk about sexuality and sex rights for people with disabilities. I also talk about body positivism and how disabled women can be more independent’ Late diagnosis: I was born in 1981. My parents were working as managers at a…
British pop star whose family fled war-torn Kosovo when she was seven, is thrilled to be touring again, and Hong Kong will be her first big gig of the year. She talks about acting, growing up in West London and her sold-out UK tour
TRE, or tension and trauma releasing exercises, help trigger neurogenic tremors that allow the body to shake off built-up stress Have you ever found yourself shaking involuntarily like a leaf after a severe shock or fright, or in moments of extreme excitement and joy? Perhaps you’ve had “knocking knees” when you were too anxious, maybe…
Mainland Chinese spending has cemented Hong Kong’s position as Asia’s most important luxury hub, but the recent wave of Mainland Chinese shoppers — drawn to the city by new transport links — tends to have smaller budgets and different tastes than earlier visitors. With no sales tax, a friendly business environment and a voracious appetite…
Boycott of next month’s Irrawaddy Literary Festival announced by one guest over Muslim minority humanitarian crisis, while another, Lonely Planet’s Tony Wheeler, accuses its patron, Aung San Suu Kyi, of not saying enough about it
Former jockey turned triathlete and ultramarathon runner Jo Lodder, 50, broke his collarbone in a fall, and was frustrated at how slowly it was mending. He tried the Vasper System, based on Nasa spacesuit cooling, which applies liquid cooling and compression to your muscles, and was amazed with the results Jo Lodder was a professional…