A fall on a beach left Animals Asia charity founder Jill Robinson with a fractured vertebra and a diagnosis of severe osteoporosis Known as the silent disease, it is caused by a drop in bone density. Lifestyle changes can build it back up, as can exercise, a doctor and a therapist explain In October 2018,…Continue Reading ...
While we should be grateful for our efficient trace and test system, restrictions remain draconian Government quarantine facilities are particularly tough on children, especially those separated from parents A year into the pandemic and in Hong Kong we are still at greater risk of being thrown into quarantine than getting Covid-19. Yes, it’s a first…Continue Reading ...
The Nike Master Trainer and fashion, jewellery and furniture designer talks about her upbringing She worked for Hong Kong’s first fitness chain, TLC, which is where she met her husband Crowded house: I was born in Hong Kong in 1975 and grew up in Kwai Fong. It was super local. I’m the youngest of four and…Continue Reading ...
Goodwin fell in love with Hong Kong when she first visited the city, in 1968, and relocated a year later Losing everything: I was born during the war, in 1943, in Stanmore, Middlesex, which was in those days a small village just outside London. I remember that we had ration books and my mother used to…Continue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Research group focuses on synthetic biology, artificial intelligence and environmental threats
Lawrence Osborne writer tells Kate Whitehead how a middle-class boy from Sussex became one of Britain’s most accomplished novelists.
It’s a long way from his native Italy, but Federico Masin has brought Venetian drama and sensibility to the magical spaces he has conjured across Asia.
If it sounds more like a bar than a hotel, that’s because it was. For a long time, Café Royal was a place to see and be seen for the people of London.
Yossi Alpher talks about why he has two passports – American and Israeli – and says that he believes peace with the Palestinians is close to impossible
Christine Negroni believes lack of oxygen on the flight deck from decompression and the first officer’s failure to don his oxygen mask in time led to the loss of the Malaysia Airlines flight in 2014, although hers is one of many theories