A fall on a beach left Animals Asia charity founder Jill Robinson with a fractured vertebra and a diagnosis of severe osteoporosis Known as the silent disease, it is caused by a drop in bone density. Lifestyle changes can build it back up, as can exercise, a doctor and a therapist explain In October 2018,…Continue Reading ...
While we should be grateful for our efficient trace and test system, restrictions remain draconian Government quarantine facilities are particularly tough on children, especially those separated from parents A year into the pandemic and in Hong Kong we are still at greater risk of being thrown into quarantine than getting Covid-19. Yes, it’s a first…Continue Reading ...
The Nike Master Trainer and fashion, jewellery and furniture designer talks about her upbringing She worked for Hong Kong’s first fitness chain, TLC, which is where she met her husband Crowded house: I was born in Hong Kong in 1975 and grew up in Kwai Fong. It was super local. I’m the youngest of four and…Continue Reading ...
Goodwin fell in love with Hong Kong when she first visited the city, in 1968, and relocated a year later Losing everything: I was born during the war, in 1943, in Stanmore, Middlesex, which was in those days a small village just outside London. I remember that we had ration books and my mother used to…Continue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
Christopher New revisits his beloved Hong Kong for a period tale
Australian former journalist Kerry McGlynn, the man behind Hong Kong’s branding as Asia’s World City, recalls the last British governor’s ‘amazing’ sense of humour and how the ‘heavens wept’ when Chinese rule resumed
Their simple life in harmony with nature is vanishing, but a social enterprise using nomads as guides helps preserve it by taking visitors to camp with herders If you want an experience that gets you out of your comfort zone and into the wilderness, consider spending some time with nomadic herders on the Qinghai-Tibet Plateau in…
Local favourites joined by overseas comedians for ninth annual show
Budapest-born literary agent Eva Koralnik recalls the 1944 Nazi invasion of Hungary that ended her happy childhood
After a lifetime of being asked, ‘Where are you from?’, Alison Choy Flannigan decided to find out; after many false leads, she traced her roots to a New Territories clan, and learned she belongs to its 26th generation