Raymond Yang co-founded NGO Just Feel to train schools and families in compassionate communication. He recounts how his violent upbringing inspired him My father moved to Hong Kong from Fujian [in southeast China] in 1976 at the end of the Cultural Revolution, when he was 18. He worked super hard, as a street cleaner, a…Continue Reading ...
Elderly-care homes in Hong Kong lost 20 to 50 per cent of their residents to Covid-19 during the fifth wave of the pandemic in 2022 The trauma of the pandemic is still being felt among the owners and staff of Hong Kong’s private elderly-care homes, which bore the brunt of the crisis and saw thousands…Continue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
With 95 food outlets across Hong Kong and Vietnam, Parfitts’ empire is a real family affair. Starting with a pizzeria in Sai Kung, Hong Kong, the Parfitts have built a hospitality empire in the city and in Vietnam. Now Wayne Parfitt is helping the next generation learn the business
With thousands of ancient monuments to explore, the city of Bagan offers a seemingly endless journey into Myanmar’s fascinating past
Though the “Lady” was the main attraction, the Irrawaddy Literary Festival managed to focus the spotlight on Myanmar’s changing book landscape
The design world can’t seem to get enough of Joyce Wang. Her aesthetics are so familiar yet so strange, coming from neither the future nor the past.
Speak to most business executives about operating in a developing country and political stability, banking, transport, telecommunications and infrastructure issues are usually top of the list. But Vietnam is different – here people talk about the need to understand the psyche of the Vietnamese.
HONG KONG — La Perla has opened its first concept stores in Hong Kong April 25 followed by a massive new store in Macau. The move is part of an expansion plan in the region that will see growth focused on Mainland China.