Burma’s largest city is buzzing and change is in the air—nightlife includedContinue Reading ...
Myanmar’s first international book festival drew the country’s guiding light, leading writers and a home crowd intrigued by the give-and-take of it allContinue Reading ...
Though the “Lady” was the main attraction, the Irrawaddy Literary Festival managed to focus the spotlight on Myanmar’s changing book landscapeContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Hongkongers will be familiar with The Upper House, the hotel in Pacific Place that opened in 2009 and propelled Andre Fu into the big league. He has worked on a string of luxury hospitality projects in the years since and among key completions this year is the Kerry Hotel, the first new hotel on the…
The fashion designer tells Kate Whitehead about being uprooted by the partition of India, her doomed romance with a Bollywood star and witnessing a killing at her restaurant.
The secret to enjoying Macau is figuring out which house is best for you
Enter a flotation tank and you can separate your mind from your senses in complete safety and come out with silky smooth skin.
What is it? A brand new 266-room hotel on its own island (below) within the Venice lagoon. Isola delle Rose is an artificial island, built in the 19th century, and JW Marriott spent several years transforming what had been a sanatorium before the hotel opened in March.
Democracy campaigners threw petrol bombs after defying a ban on a march to mark the anniversary of Beijing’s clampdown The protests in Hong Kong turned violent last night as demonstrators threw fire bombs, police used water cannons and tear gas and a tactical squad known as “the Raptors” beat passengers on a train. There was…