Incidents of rage on flights between the city and the mainland are on the rise, as witness tells of passenger who punches stewardessContinue Reading ...
Former lawyer Tan Twan Eng tells Kate Whitehead how his friends planted the seeds of his award-winning novelContinue Reading ...
Malaysian author Tan Tweng Eng has won this year’s Man Asian Literary Prize for “The Garden of Evening Mists,” set in the aftermath of the Japanese occupation of Malaysia.Continue Reading ...
Myanmar might be on the hot list of places to visit, but visitors should be wary of touching down in Yangon without a hotel reservation.Continue Reading ...
You’ve probably heard of John Wood, the former Microsoft executive who quit his job to change the world.Continue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
The group estimates that about 40,000 merchants will participate in this year’s festival, including luxury brands such as Burberry, Paul Smith, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal and Guerlain.
Take two of Sydney’s most historical buildings, add some seriously cool design, a little humour and a lot of attitude and you’ve got QT Sydney, the hottest new hotel to open in the city for years The QT Sydney is no ordinary five-star hotel — it’s a piece of theatre and without doubt the most…
For the ultimate ‘home safari’ experience, consider residing intimately close to nature in these low-density and deluxe game-reserve estates in South Africa, Namibia and Kenya.
It’s a village not a town. So say residents of Bathurst, a magnet for the creative and curious located in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, approximately 12 kilometers from Port Alfred. Residents are proud of the eccentricity of their town. Or village. “You’ve got to have certain things to be a town, like a…
Speak to most business executives about operating in a developing country and political stability, banking, transport, telecommunications and infrastructure issues are usually top of the list. But Vietnam is different – here people talk about the need to understand the psyche of the Vietnamese.
Septime Webre speaks to Kate Whitehead about growing up in the Bahamas and turning his back on law for dance. The new father, artistic director of the Hong Kong Ballet since 2017, is thankful for being able to spend time with his family during the pandemic The seventh son: I’m the seventh son in a family…