Taiwanese bookstore Eslite is expanding at a time when bookstores around the world are folding.Continue Reading ...
Born to Hong Kong parents, Nathanael Wei is the youngest member of Britain’s House of Lords.Continue Reading ...
The winner of this year’s Pritzker Prize, Toyo Ito tells Kate Whitehead that the 2011 Tohoku earthquake taught him a great lesson and explains why architecture must be felt with your entire bodyContinue Reading ...
Although closed off from the world for 50 years, the reclusive Myanmar still developed a punk rock sceneContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
The 21st edition of Hong Kong Fashion Week wrapped its four-day run late last week
British journalist Isambard Wilkinson, inspired by his Indian grandmother’s tales of life before partition, visited Pakistan as a teenager and fell in love with a complex place, a love he shares in his book Travels in a Dervish Cloak
Christie’s debut Asia+ auction is designed to appeal to both established and beginning collectors The gradual surge of interest in contemporary Asian art over the past few years has spawned a new auction platform aimed at committed art investors as well as those looking to begin a collection.
Asia has hit brands hard, especially those in the luxury sector. With expectations that the economic woes will continue for another one or two years, the situation looks challenging. A new report offers not just a glimmer of hope, but some concrete suggestions for how to weather the storm.
The dire state of mainland orphanages 15 years ago spurred filmmaker Jenny Bowen into action. Her charity, Half the Sky, has been a huge success and now works with officials across the country
The travel industry wants to cash in on the rise of short-haul travellers in Asia. One company has launched a new campaign around the ‘Holiday Quickie’