An adventurous environmentalist is raising awareness of the dangers of plastic waste, especially the garbage patches forming in ocean gyres around the worldContinue Reading ...
Speakeasies are springing up all over Shanghai.Continue Reading ...
The number of Yanbian license plates in the carpark of the Emperor Resort & Casino in North Korea’s remote Rason district leave little doubt as to the hotel’s main clientele.Continue Reading ...
The London-based dissident novelist talks to Kate Whitehead about the Cultural Revolution, challenging the Party and finding a place to call homeContinue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
Born in northern Germany, the horse lover who spent his early life travelling around the world before finally settling down in Canada, reveals why he changed his name from Peter to Pedro and why he likes to dress up in quirky outfits
Speak to most business executives about operating in a developing country and political stability, banking, transport, telecommunications and infrastructure issues are usually top of the list. But Vietnam is different – here people talk about the need to understand the psyche of the Vietnamese.
Bobby Lee, who co-founded a cryptocurrency trader, explains the very different ways they are viewed by Chinese, Hongkongers and Westerners, and why China’s clampdown on trading is only making bitcoin more resilient
Born to Hong Kong parents, Nathanael Wei is the youngest member of Britain’s House of Lords.
Local favourites joined by overseas comedians for ninth annual show
Employees need HR support to counter the downsides of working remotely