Achieving a perfect balance of career and family is still out of reach in today’s society so women must focus on what they really want, feminists tell Kate WhiteheadContinue Reading ...
North Korea’s top end has enough stunning scenery to make you almost forget you are in the world’s most repressive state. Almost. North Korea has been open to tourists since 1987, but it is only in the past few years that the hermit kingdom has seen visitors arrive in any significant number. Those who come…Continue Reading ...
It’s harder to stay lean as you age, but middle-age spread can be moderated with exercise and a healthy dietContinue Reading ...
- Short film looks at loneliness in isolation May 31, 2021
- Kumi kidnapped as a kid, found freedom on Lamma April 30, 2021
- New app for help with anxiety, stress or burnout April 28, 2021
- What Really Happened to Flight MH370? April 16, 2021
- Hong Kong Ballet’s artistic director Septime Webre April 10, 2021
- A high intensity workout without the effort April 3, 2021
- Fighting back from osteoporosis diagnosis March 28, 2021
- In Hong Kong, going into quarantine is more likely than catching Covid-19 March 26, 2021
- Nike trainer Utah Lee March 21, 2021
- Elaine Goodwin on hitting the glass ceiling, dogs and living in the moment March 14, 2021
Flight review: Kenya Airways B787-8 Premier World
What is it? A brand new 266-room hotel on its own island (below) within the Venice lagoon. Isola delle Rose is an artificial island, built in the 19th century, and JW Marriott spent several years transforming what had been a sanatorium before the hotel opened in March.
Patti Waldmeir, the Financial Times correspondent and author of ‘Chinese Lessons: An American mother teaches her children how to be Chinese in China’, explains why she decided to move with them to Shanghai
Coming from two different countries, trained in the US and practising in China with global clients, Lyndon Neri and Rossana Hu show that design has no borders.
Change is happening fast in Myanmar. For 50 years the country stagnated under the thumb of the ruling military junta, weighed down by tough economic sanctions, but the window to the world blew open in March 2011 when a new government took office and with it came sweeping reforms.
The musical artist found fame after his songs appeared on television shows and streaming services End of empire My mum is from Singapore and my dad, a barrister, is from Cheshire, in England. They met at a party in Hong Kong. I was born at the Matilda hospital (on The Peak) in 1984. My elder brother,…