A small group of artists are hoping to inspire change in Hong Kong’s attitude towards the environment.Continue Reading ...
Debate over a controversial proposal to curb the number of Mainland tourists was already tense with concerns that any cut would hurt the retail sector and put a dent in the economy. Now new figures show retailers have every reason to be concerned, especially those in the jewelry, watch and luxury goods market.Continue Reading ...
Exploration is challenging. If it’s too easy, then it’s not real exploration. So says Wong How Man, a Hong Konger who in 1974 began leading expeditions into what was then one of the world’s most isolated countries — China. “It was a time when China had very few friends, so we decided to step in…Continue Reading ...
An initiative to promote informal discussion with experts about science topics is gaining popularityContinue Reading ...
The power had gone out. I was lying on the floor in the pitch black, listening to waves crashing on the beach outside, wondering whether the late North Korean leader Kim Jong-il had heard similar sounds as he fell asleep here.Continue Reading ...
- ‘No one asks to become addicted’ November 26, 2023
- How extreme heat can affect your mental health and the best ways to cope August 15, 2023
- He survived an abusive childhood. Now his NGO trains teachers and parents to treat children with compassion July 17, 2023
- ‘I felt so helpless’: Hong Kong elderly-care-home staff still processing trauma of Covid-19 pandemic July 15, 2023
- TakeOut Comedy club founder on 9/11, why he ‘hated being Chinese’ – and how his dead grandma inspired him June 18, 2023
- Giving birth in Hong Kong in the pandemic June 14, 2023
- Hong Kong football legend Derek ‘Jesus’ Currie on playing Pelé five times and being a sports star in the ’70s June 11, 2023
- ‘I heard a scream and realised it was me’ April 30, 2023
- Face masks’ lasting impact on children April 15, 2023
- Nightmare’ first date left her in a wheelchair April 9, 2023
Women are making inroads into Asia Pacific’s senior management teams, but they need to be prepared to work hard, gain skills, ask for feedback and be resilient
The design world can’t seem to get enough of Joyce Wang. Her aesthetics are so familiar yet so strange, coming from neither the future nor the past.
Thirty-eight years ago this week, John MacLennan died of gunshot wounds; a public inquiry heard claims he’d been hounded into killing himself because of his homosexuality. It’s a case with lessons still for a socially conservative city
Jeff Rotmeyer grew up in Canada, excelled at sports as a child, then moved to teach English in Korea, where he met his wife, who moved with him to Hong Kong I was born in Surrey, outside Vancouver, in Canada, in 1977, and am an only child. My dad was born in Holland and came…
Self-taught artist had only been working for a year when she won Hong Kong Secret Walls contest. She’s already making a living from her art thanks to commissions from shops and restaurants
A documentary film shows how those who seek travel adventure can turn unspoiled destinations into crowded eyesores